Sunday, March 26, 2006

One week holiday in Granada

What a great week. Whether I was burning my skin on a sunny beach in sunny Spanish March or watched tango in the theatre; the last few days in Granada provided me an magnificent holiday feeling.

I had a week off from my Spanish course, so I could enjoy the Andalucian life to the max. That means going out nearly every night, enjoy incredible tasty pasta of my Italian roommates, and chill out with a spontaneous free flamanco show on the Mirador the San Nicolas, a point on the hills that serves you a great view on the magical Alhambra.

After 8 weeks of studying Spanish in Granada, there were a few things on my to do list. Unfortunately no more snowboarding in the Sierra Nevada. I have to go back some other time. But come on, you are in Grandada, so why don't I visit the beach? Two other friends and their friends who flight over to Granada for a short holiday, thought the same, so on Saturday morning we took the bus to Almeria. One hint: if you want to go to the more beautiful beaches of Cabo the Gata, leave Granada early or even better, hire a car. The last train and bus to Granda already leave early. We dropped our stuff on the main beach of this sunny city. And it was a very pleasant day: my first fresh dive in the sea during my year in Spain (pretty cold, but venga, venga - come on - it wakes you up after an intense night out and a three hour sleep), a temperature of 25 degrees and a beautiful sunset just before we had to go back to the train station.

Learning Spanish in Spain not only opens a new world, because you are able to communicate in a lot of other countries. During my study here, I also get interested in different Spanish related cultural activities. So I went to the theatre of Granada for a Tango festival, where big stars from Argentina showed their skills to Granadinos and a lot of international students from my school. In more than two hours I saw and heard a lot of different forms of this Argentinean dance and music style. I am not a huge fan, but definitely discovered that there exist some forms of tango I like.

Do you want more info about learning Spanish? Click here.

Wil je meer informatie over Spaans leren in Spanje? Klik hier.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?